ZICON has adopted the international ISO 9001 standard Quality Systems - Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing as its standard for quality assurance. ZICON is committed to the delivery of quality products and services in full compliance with its contractual requirements.
ZICON and its operating teams are committed to continuous improvement of its processes, systems and services to ensure "Right First Time" delivery. As a certified member of The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC), ZICON is required to meet regulated industry criteria for technical, construction and financial capabilities. In addition, the scope and mandate of the NHBRC is governed by The Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act (Act No. 95 of 1998). The Act states that the NHBRC and or any certified member’s role is to:
- Represent the interests of housing consumers by providing warranty and protection against defects in new homes
- Provide protection to housing consumers in respect of the failure resulting from bad workmanship.
- To promote ethical and technical standards in the home building industry.
- Improve structural quality in the industry.
- To promote housing consumer rights and to provide housing consumer information.
- Communicate with and to assist home builders in registering in terms of the Act.
- To achieve and maintain satisfactory technical standards of home building.